Use of DCC with multiple email domains on mail server

Thu Jul 24 01:06:16 UTC 2003

> From: "John Scully" <jscully@isupportisp.com>

> I like everything I have seen on DCC, and just loaded it on a
> development system for initial testing/integration.  We run several
> hundred mail domains for VISP (virtual ISP) clients.
>
> Does DCC handle multiple domain systems?  It looks like it defaults to
> use just the mailbox as the login/log directory etc.  Has anyone had
> success with changing it to use mailbox@domain instead of just mailbox
> name?

As others have said, in at least some senses, the DCC doesn't care
how many domain names you have.

What do you mean by "use just the mailbox as the login/log directory?"
Are you talking about white-listing or the per-user log directories
and white-/blacklists supported by dccm and dccifd?  If so, the
dccm per-user directory is based on the sendmail.cf macros
${rcpt_mailer}/${rcpt_addr}