bulk test messages

John R Levine johnl@iecc.com
Tue Jul 22 19:03:10 UTC 2003

>> The problem is that people send a test message to see how bulk filtering is
>> doing for them and that test message gets blocked because it's so short or
>> just says "test" in it.

That's partly my fault.  I run a bunch of autoresponders with addresses
listed in my books and encourage people to send test messages to see if
their e-mail works.  All the mail runs through DCC (those addresses get a
lot of spam, too) so it sees a lot of messages that are empty other than
the MS mail crud or just contain the word "test".

If anyone wants them, I have about 90 whitelist entries that catch nearly
all of the varieties of test message I get.

Regards,
"A book is a sneeze." - E.B. White, on the writing of Charlotte's Web