bulk test messages

Rose, Bobby brose@med.wayne.edu
Tue Jul 22 16:49:43 UTC 2003

I always explain it to them that a "message" with just test in it is
really bulk email and they should send a "real" message if they want to
properly test their email routing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Kluzak [mailto:Ivan.Kluzak@cpinternet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 12:16 PM
To: 'dcc@rhyolite.com'
Subject: bulk test messages

Hi guys,

I have a relatively minor issue that i've noticed.  I know why it's
happening but
I was just wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what I could do
about it.

The problem is that people send a test message to see how bulk filtering
is doing for them and that test message gets blocked because it's so
short or
just says "test" in it.  The bulk of the message contains standard
outlook html template garbage.  The end result is the user freaks out
that they should have
filtering disabled comletely because to them it appears unreliable and
although this is obviously incorrect to those of us who have used it for
some time without issue, first impressions are important.

Thoughts?

-Ivan