DCC: accept() returned invalid socket (Result too large), try again

Wed Jul 16 20:44:00 UTC 2003

> From: darkmark <darkmark@filament.org>

> dccm[141]: DCC: accept() returned invalid socket (Result too large), try again

That error message is from the milter library.

> This one *is even in the dccm manpage*, that desciption jives with my FD
> problem earlier, however, the 'Result too large' does not.  Plus, this
> system does have getrlimit and setrlimit (freebsd) and HAVE_RLIMIT_NOFILE
> is defined in dcc_config.h
>
> sysctl reports:
> kern.maxfiles: 2504
> kern.maxfilesperproc: 2253

What is FD_SETSIZE?

The next time this happens, what does fstat or equivalent say about
the files that dccm has open?

> Currently I'm not setting -j in dcc_conf for start-dccm
> which according to dccm.c I should get the default 4. (4*4 = 16).

How do you figure that the default number of simultaneous dccm jobs is 4
instead of 200?

Are you using any other Milter filters in addition to dccm?

When the problem happens, what do netstat or fstat (or equivalent)
say about the number of active SMTP sessions?  Could there be 500
stalled mail messages, perhaps due to some sort of "teergruber"?

Could something else on the system have opened a couple thousand files?