DCC: accept() returned invalid socket (Result too large), try again

darkmark darkmark@filament.org
Wed Jul 16 20:12:50 UTC 2003

I noticed a few messages this afternoon with no DCC headers, and this is
what I found in the logs:

dccm[141]: DCC: accept() returned invalid socket (Result too large), try again
sm-mta[20935]: h6GFLIuE020935: Milter (dcc): write(O) returned -1, expected 5: Broken pipe
sm-mta[20935]: h6GFLIuE020935: Milter (dcc): to error state
sm-mta[20935]: h6GFLIuE020935: Milter (dcc): init failed to open
sm-mta[20935]: h6GFLIuE020935: Milter (dcc): to error state

This occured foreach message recieved from then on.  I restarted dccm.

This one *is even in the dccm manpage*, that desciption jives with my FD
problem earlier, however, the 'Result too large' does not.  Plus, this
system does have getrlimit and setrlimit (freebsd) and HAVE_RLIMIT_NOFILE
is defined in dcc_config.h

sysctl reports:
kern.maxfiles: 2504
kern.maxfilesperproc: 2253

Currently I'm not setting -j in dcc_conf for start-dccm

which according to dccm.c I should get the default 4. (4*4 = 16).

ERANGE which is the error returned, should be limited to libm, which is
very strange.  This error must eminate from libmilter, since I don't see
any hint of it in the code.

I'm to the point where I'm guessing it's something weird with my system
and the FreeBSD-STABLE branch build I'm using, but I'm posting to the list
in case there's a 'me too' from another user.

--
Mark Atkinson
darkmark@filament.org