Obtaining client ID

Brett Cove brettc@ActiveState.com
Fri Jul 11 19:07:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 09:17, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> [...]
> Using the public servers consumes less of your own bandwidth as well as less of the bandwidth
> and human effort at other DCC servers compared to running your own
> DCC server with the requisite 3 or 4 floods of 40 MBytes/day of
> bulk checksums
>

>From what was stated above, it sounds like a local DCC server must flood
40 MB, 3 or 4 times per day, makeing the total ~150 MB/day.

However in the FAQ
(http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/FAQ.html#system-load)..

"As of mid-2003, about 40 MBytes/day are exchanged between pairs of
servers participating in the network to which dcc.dcc-servers.net
belongs."

Could someone please clarify this for me.

Brett Cove
ActiveState.com