Obtaining client ID

Mark admin@asarian-host.net
Thu Jul 10 15:31:04 UTC 2003

Hello,

I have been using DCC for a while, and, apparently, always ran in anonymous
mode. I would like to get a client-ID, but the docs are, at least to me, a
bit vague in this area:

"After the DCC client programs have been obtained, contact the operator(s)
of the chosen DCC server(s) to obtain each server's hostname, port number,
and a client-ID and corresponding password."

Contact who? All servers listed in "map.txt"? Or just one of them? And
contact them where?

Sorry to sound so daft, but I simply do not understand.

- Mark