dcc_mail_host issues

Spike Ilacqua spike@indra.com
Tue Jul 1 23:30:46 UTC 2003

> Are you sure of that?  Mail_host currently almost always has a
> trailling '.' when it gets to dccm.  The only exception I've noticed
> is when the domain failed to resolve.  The appropriate checksum
> routine in the DCC client library has long ignored the trailing '.'.

No, I'm not sure since I use a smart relay.  The smart relay shows up in
the logs without a trailing '.', so I assumed that mail_host normally
didn't have one.  Sounds like it's not an issue at all.

> What is the bad effect of delay_checks?   Is ${dcc_mail_host} null?

Correct, so dccm falls back to mail_host.

> I don't recall now why you need delay_checks, or if you said.

I don't need delay_checks, so it's not a problem for me.  But if someone
was using the combination of delay_check and SMART_HOST, they won't be
able to use mail_host.  Probably a pretty rare case.

->Spike