Version 1.1.37 of the DCC

Tue Jul 1 20:48:32 UTC 2003

> From: Kelsey Cummings <kgc@sonic.net>

> Hrm.. I missed this until I upgraded the rest of my servers but dccproc is
> logging a problem with the map, which I've removed and recreated but the
> problem persists:
>
> Jul  1 12:55:33 d dccproc[14558]: /var/dcc/map is not the size of a DCC map file
>
> Appears to be for every request and is persistent on all four of the
> servers running it.

The format of the /var/dcc/map file has changed.  There is code
in the new dccproc, cdcc, dccm, etc. that recognizes the old file
and converts it to the new file.

What is the size of the bad file?
What does `strings /var/dcc/map` say?  (You before disclosing that
   you might want to filter any passwords.)
Is there any chance that an old version of dccproc is lurking and
being invoked?