Handling mail aliases

Wed Jun 18 14:36:15 UTC 2003

> From: Spike Ilacqua <spike@indra.com>

> Yeah, it could just be that sym-links *seem* ugly.
>
> > I can't think of a reason to object to having dccm check ${dcc_user}
> > before checking $i, except that I'm not sure it would work.
> > Does Local_check_rcpt get delayed by "delay_checks"?
>
> I don't believe "delay_checks" delays Local_check_rcpt.

It's worth checking.

>                                                          How hard would
> it be for DCCM handle aliases that expanded out to multiple address or
> remote ones?

It would be worse than ugly.  It's not just the SMOP (small matter
of programming), but the question of what dccm should do if a
rejection threshold is reached for one of the names for an alias
but not all of them.  Dccm can only tell sendmail to reject or
accept for the original name.