mail_host patch

Sven sven@dmv.com
Fri Jun 6 15:08:13 UTC 2003

Vernon Schryver wrote:
>> From: "Sven" <sven@dmv.com>

>> On a whim I tried the $s macro in dccm.c
>>
>>      static char mail_host_macro[] = "{mail_host}"     becomes
>>      static char mail_host_macro[] = "s"
>>
>> Recompiled and installed dccm. This did not work with smart_host
>> either - however, now instead of listing the smart host , the
>> mail_host is blank.
>
> Did you also adjust the "O Milter.macros.envfrom" line in sendmail.cf
> to add "{s}"?  That line lists all of the sendmail macros that are
> passed to milter filters along with the the envelope Mail_From value.

Ahh .. good call!!
I changed the dcc.m4 as follows

-- define(`confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM',confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM``,
{dcc_isspam}, {dcc_notspam}'')dnl

++  define(`confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM',confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM``, s,
{dcc_isspam}, {dcc_notspam}'')dnl

Rebuilt the sendmail.cf using the modified dcc.m4 and the new dccm
compilation and voila!! It now records the sending mail_host correctly!!

(I have an aversion to directly modifying the .cf file hence the m4 mod.
Also, as the $s macro is only a single-letter, I left off the braces).

Sven Willenberger