Whitelisting Question

Wed May 28 00:47:35 UTC 2003

> From: "Rose, Bobby" <brose@med.wayne.edu>

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might white list in a wildcard
> sort of way.  I'm seeing some blocks from auto responders occurring so I
> want to make sure that something important (such as financial aid or NIH
> grants stuff) doesn't get blocked.  Yeh I could wait until it get's
> blocked and then whitelist, but that might cause so political issues and
> not a guarantee such mailings are received the next year around if the
> mailing host changes so I'd like to white list some domains.

Dccm, dccproc, and dccifd whitelisting is based on checksums.  There
are no regular expresions.  If you can find a checksum that covers
the sender, then you're set.  Otherwise you must do something outside
the DCC client code.

Have you looked at white-listing by "mail_host" value?
For examples, see the sample white-list in homedir/whitecommon.

> If I use the newer dcc.m4 and use the delay_checks in my sendmail
> config, would I be able to override DCC if I we're to add those domains
> to my access file?

Yes, provided you also use `misc/hackmc -O` or an equivalent to adjust
sendmail.cf.