DCC broken?

Tue May 27 02:37:38 UTC 2003

> From: "Brian K. West" <brian@bkw.org>

> Installed on a friends server on a totally different network and it works..
> are the public servers blocking me?

> > I have been using DCC for the past few weeks now on my personal mail server
> > but now it seems to be broken... I can't find an answer in the faq or in
> > google groups that has this error
> >
> > badly signed NOP response from dcc.dcc-servers.net
> >
> > Anyone else see this.. I have double checked to make sure UDP ports are open
> > and it still does it.

The DCC clients that were blacklisted on the 3 DCC servers I can see
have been quiet for several days.  One was sending perhaps 50,000
requests/day with an RFC 1918 source address of 192.168.206.29.
Another appeared to be one of the broken so called "ports" of the DCC
client code.

Besides, the results of blacklisting by DCC servers is silence, not
complaints about bad digital signatures.

Do you have a NAT box that is rewriting DCC/UDP/IP packets?