Blocking peek-through spammers

Daniel V Klein dvk@lonewolf.com
Fri May 16 21:31:19 UTC 2003

> > From: Daniel V Klein <dvk@lonewolf.com>

> > just have dccm/dccd filter it.  So I added this to my whiteclnt:
> >
> > many	substitute to designcenter@ibp.com
> >
> > But this doesn't work, because the mail header actually says:
> >
> > To: designcenter@ibp.com (Murray Deininger)
> >
> > Can I use DCC, or am I going to need to use procmail?
>
> Why doesn't the following work?:
>
>   many  substitute to designcenter@ibp.com (Murray Deininger)

It does - but although "designcenter" is, "Murray" is not always the target :-(

> If designcenter@ibp.com is no longer valid, I would use either
> an access_DB entry like
>      To:designcenter@ibp.com	DCC: "REJECT expn spam"
> along with the misc/hackmc modification to sendmail.cf to let
> the DCC know about access_DB hits.

I confess I am leery of adding yet another thing to remember on my "when you
rebuild sendmail" list...

> I also sometimes uses aliases file entries like
>
>     designcenter:	"| /usr/local/bin/dccproc -E -t many -c all,0, ..."

*This* I already do, but that's only valid when the envelope is to
designcenter - the problem is that the envelope is to *me*, but the body
says that it is to designcenter.

I'll use procmail on my local machine - it's no biggie.

-Dan