dccm -x

Valentin Chopov valentin@valcho.net
Wed May 14 14:54:04 UTC 2003

Vernon,

yes everything is as you wrote.
It was:
localhost   RTT-1200   32768 <pass>
backup         RTT-1000   32768 <pass>
dcc.dcc-servers.net RTT+1200

But it seems that when the localhost RTT is high (e.g. 1400) and others
are even higher then that, dccm is passing the spam. I just removed
RTT+1200 from the dcc.dcc-servers.net amd now if localhost and backup fail
it goes to piblic dcc servers.
I'm getting very often:
"skip asking DCC x.xxxx seconds more after failure" dccm message in the
log file.
I think I asked once this question but I ask again: why when the localhost
or backup dcc servers are not active rheir RTT is high.

localhost.,-    RTT-1200 ms  .........
#      88% of 32 requests ok 1545.81-1200 ms RTT       567 ms queue wait

backup,-        RTT-1000 ms  .....
#     100% of 32 requests ok    4.90-1000 ms RTT       550 ms queue wait

BTW, this is not happening when the cron jobs are running.

Thanks,
Val