dccm -x

Wed May 14 14:21:36 UTC 2003

> From: Valentin Chopov <valentin@valcho.net>

> How safe is to use dccm -x option. It looks that when RTT becomes high,
> dccm doesn't wait  for dccd and start passing spam.
> Next week I'll upgrade the dccd/dccm server hardware and I hope this will
> improve the dccd/dccm performance  but how safe is to use dccm -x option
> anyway?

When the RTT becomes high and spam passes, are there any error messages
in the logs?

I don't hink `dccm -x` will do worse than tell SMTP clients to try
again later.

Do your DCC servers run the cron job at different times so that they
are not both busy deleting checksums from the database at the same time?
I assume that all of your DCC clients have both servers in their
map files and that you are using locally defined client-IDs to
avoid the delay imposed on anonymous clients.

It might help to add the public DCC servers to your map files as
a fall-back with a high RTT adjustment, as in
`cdcc "add dcc.dcc-servers,- rtt+1200".