CDCC not working.

Karl Kopp kkopp@wdg.com.au
Wed May 14 04:30:41 UTC 2003

> > I followed the intructions here:
> >
> > http://lawmonkey.org/anti-spam.html
>
> Those instructions have errors.  Concerning the DCC:

<snip>

Thanks Vernon, passed the details onto Scott who made the
how-to.

> > 1) Compile and install dcc
> > 2) Copy to chroot env
> > 6) Works fine!
>
> Didn't you adjust your firewall among those steps?

My error - just a coincidence in timing. I locked
down my firewall again and cdcc stopped working. So
opened incoming UDP for 6200 - 6300 and it works
a treat again.

Also checked the permissions on the chrooted env and
all is fine and running properly as far as I can tell.
Just need to remember to open incoming UDP port as
well ;)

Cheers,
Kolchak