CDCC not working.

Karl Kopp kkopp@wdg.com.au
Tue May 13 06:07:53 UTC 2003

> > OK, I've made a slight modification to the
> > access lists regarding UDP in to the network.
> > But this should not affect ccdc as it tries to
> > connect out from the network?!?
>
> Why not?  The DCC client-server protocol involves the client sending
> UDP packets to distant UDP port 6277 and receiving answers from
> the same distant port and IP address.  The local UDP port number
> will be abitrary on most systems.

Sorry Vernon, again, bad english (even tho its my mother
tongue, pretty bad ha ;) My point was that the cdcc client
attempts to connect to the servers from inside the gateway,
so attempting to come into the network from the outside would
be an entirely different ball game. Anyways, the traceroutes
you tried earlier should now come in properly...

> >                                 Can u see my
> > attempts on the DCC servers?
>
> I forgot to check that before.
> Two of the public DCC servers have seen 8 operations from
> 203.94.164.232 since midnight GMT about 5 hours ago.
> The most recent was at about 04:33:04 GMT.

What does this indicate? That I can get out but the replies
dont come back in?

Cheers,
Kolchak