DCCM mail_host grabs smart_host setting?

Sven sven@dmv.com
Thu May 1 13:41:16 UTC 2003

Good day,

In setting up a dccm client on a mailserver that is acting as a gateway
(i.e. mail destined for the specified domain is smart_host'ed to the final
mail server) I have noticed that the dccm seems to pick up the wrong
mail_host, using the smart_host instead.

If my understanding is correct the following SHOULD happen:

mail from someuser@somedomain.com coming from smtp.somedomain.com for
example should have mail_host of somedomain.com. If the mail doesn't get
rejected, it then proceeds on to the smart_host --> smarthost.mydomain.com

INSTEAD I see the following in the messages in the log directory

mail from someuser@somedomain.com coming from smtp.somedomain.com ends up
with mail_host of smarthost.mydomain.com

I don't know if this is due to the way sendmail and dccm interact i.e. does
sendmail perform the smart_host substitution prior to dccm invocation?

Any ideas?

Sven Willenberger