dccm timeout lets some spam through

Mon Apr 28 21:19:37 UTC 2003

> From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.UManitoba.CA>

> > I guess the long run fix is for me to:
> >   - add yet more auto-conf and #ifdef stuff to have the DCC client library
> >       use poll() on Solaris
>
> Would you like me to put together a patch for this?  It look like
> it will be simple to do.

Thanks, but no thanks, at least not for the public DCC source.
Technically it is simple, but handling the details necessary to ensure
that it works on a couple versions of Solaris, that things continue
working elsewhere, that it is documented, and generally fits are
somewhat lengthy.  It would take more time for check someone else's
patches than to do the basic hacking.

My current big project is rewriting MIME handling in the checksumming
code to deal with nested MIME and certain possible bugs.  That's taking
more time than I'd like.  I also hope to modify the FUZ2 checksom to
treat parts of URLs like words.

I'm wondering about comparing HTML foreground and background
colors and ignoring hidden text.