dccm timeout lets some spam through

Fri Apr 25 19:08:05 UTC 2003

Note that the string in misc/dcc.m4 uses 30 seconds for the initial connection
and 30 seconds for the end of the message and shorter values for reading
and writing:

      T=C:30s;S:10s;R:10s;E:30s

That is because only the initial connection to dccm and the end of
the message cause dccm to contact dccd.  At the start of the mail message,
dccm checks to see that it has heard from a server within an hour.
If not, dccm sends a round of NOPs to look for an answering server.
If I understand the sendmail milter protocol and those timeouts
(which I may not), the reading and writing operations should be
answered by dccm quickly.  I think it is during the "E" operation that
dccm talks to dccd.

In case I'm wrong, I'll change the suggestions in the dcc.m4 file
to be "30s" for all four timeouts.