dcc client feature suggestion

Valentin Chopov valentin@valcho.net
Wed Apr 2 20:45:26 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have an idea of new feature of the dcc client (e.g. dccm).
I think it will be nice to reject the spam e-mail before the
"reject threshold" is reached from the suspicious IP addresses.
The question is: If dccm rejects some amount of mail from A.B.C.D
why to accept all of the rest mail from this IP address.
My sugegestion is to define 3 types of "rej-thold" instead of 1
"rej-thold".
"hard-rej-thold" - this is the same as thw current "rej-thold"
"soft-rej-thold" and "limit-rej-thold"
I'll try to explain my idea with an example:
hard-rej-thold=1000
soft-rej-thold=100
limit-rej-thold=10

If we rejected  at least 10 messages with "hard-rej-thold=1000" from
the IP address A.B.C.D, after that to start rejecting messages with
"soft-rej-thold=100" from the same IP address.

I'm not sure if I  was very clear with my idea but I hope you'll
understand it ;)
BTW, I don't have any idea how dificult is to implement this...

Anyway, thank you for reading this.
Val

==
Valentin S. Chopov, CCNP