Problem whitelisting nextel address

Tue Apr 1 19:15:29 UTC 2003

> From: Bertha <bertha@yetta.net>

> I've tried whitelisting the from: address as nextel.com and as
> messaging.netxtel.com, both in the DCC whitelist and in sendmail's access
> database.  Could someone offer suggestions as to other configurations I
> could try?

When you white-listed the from address, did you use:

   ok    env_from   Twoway.9195249014@messaging.nextel.com
and
   ok    from        Twoway.9195249014@messaging.nextel.com
or
       ...           messaging.netxtel.com
One of the first two should work, depending on whether that address
is in the envelope or the header From value.

If the address is in the envelope, it should also work to
add "-Smail" to DCCM_ARGS in /var/dcc/dcc_conf as in:
    DCCM_ARGS="-SHELO -SX-Habeas-SWE-3 -Smail_host -SSender -SList-ID"
and the following to your client white-list file:
    ok   subsitute   mail_host messaging.nextel.com

A line like this in the database file
    messaging.nextel.com	OK
and using `misc/hackmc -O` from the DCC source to build your sendmail.cf
file from your .mc file should let the access_DB white-list for the DCC.