[somewhat OT] Image for DCC advertising on website

Thu Feb 20 17:37:30 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Vernon Schryver wrote:

| Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:54:28 -0700 (MST)
| From: Vernon Schryver <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com>
| Subject: Re: [somewhat OT] Image for DCC advertising on website
|
| As long as indisputably libel is not involved, I think I lack standing
| to comment on any links *to* http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/ or
| http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/

Well, the main idea was positive advertising not negative so I don't think
libel will be an issue unless you really don't like my page for some
reason.

| Whether I'd put such images *on* those web pages depends on the image.
| For example, I use the w3.org validator, but the not the logo for
| several reasons.  One is that it seems large.

I would hardly call 88 pixels by 31 pixels large, but I suppose that is a
personal design choice.

I will do some grpahics work when I have the time, and if other people
like the image I come up with, they are welcome to snag it for their own
page if they wish to do so.

I like to give credit to anyone whose tools I use on a regular basis, and
the only public medium I can really do that in is our website aside from
newsgroup postings and word of mouth. Also putting an appropriate alt
attribute on the IMG tag will eventually show more hits in a search engine
if someone looks up the DCC. Unfortunately some people only try things out
when there is a perception of a strong backing behind it.

If I come up with something, I will make a brief mention of it to the
list.

Thanks,
--
Brian T Glenn
delink.net Internet Services

"Doesn't the "Bcc:" show up when you look at the complete headers
display in pine?  It must be somewhere."
	--Steve Sykes in n.a.n-a.e