1.1.27 dccm crashed

Tue Feb 18 21:27:08 UTC 2003

> From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.UManitoba.CA>

> > >   mmap(dcc_db-new,0xfc000,0): Resource temporarily unavailable

> > Are you building in an NFS file systems?  That error looks like
> > a common problem associated with Sun's NFS.
>
> Yes, I build on a compile server, and then mount the filesystem
> on the mail server to do the install.  NFS was from an Auspex
> fileserver until just recently.  Now, it's from a NetApp.  The
> error was the same.

The ancient bugs are in Sun's NFS client, not the NFS servers....well,
I don't know for a fact whether this problem is related to the infamous
and enduring old Sun NFS locking problems.

>                      In any case, there's no need to build a
> database at compile time.

There's no need to build an empty database updating an existing
installation.  However, when making a new installation that rule
avoids confusion.  In addition, it's a good test to see if
`./configure --with-bad-locks` is needed.