PATCH: properly handle corner case in some multipart MIME messages

Leandro Santi lesanti@uolsinectis.com.ar
Thu Feb 6 01:37:43 UTC 2003

Hello,

I think I've found a problem in dcclib/ckbody.c; some messages (actually very
few I think) aren't being checksummed properly. For example,

<<<<<<<<< example start

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C22952.C13AABA0

... (removed irrelevant message content) ...

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C22952.C13AABA0--

<<<<<<<<< example end

Now, as soon as the state machine finds the final boundary separator, bp
will point to '\n' and bstart one byte past. The big while{} loop ends and
the final ck_body_sub() call will erroneously checksum 1 byte of information.

Patch:

http://webs.sinectis.com.ar/lesanti/misc/dcc-1.1.24-mime_corner_case.patch

Regards,
Leandro

ps: dcc{1,2,3,4}.sinectis.com.ar are almost at 1.1.24, I'll upgrade them soon.