Newbie driven up the wall

Neil Hollis neil@pharisees.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 23:52:43 UTC 2003

Vernon,

Thanks for the help - comments embedded - cheers for the info on being ok on
dialup (I've sniped that bit)

Vernon Schryver wrote:

> > From: Neil Hollis <neil@pharisees.demon.co.uk>
> >                                                             Have tried
> > connecting to net, starting dccm, sending a test mail (that leaves the linux
> > server and comes back in again) without disconnecting from net and still no
> > X-DCC header lines. Due to my virus scanner it's always 'localhost' that
> > connects to sendmail (don't ask!), so I've removed the white listing of
> > IP localhost
>
> White listing localhost would be sufficient turn off the X-dcc header.
> However, removing it from the client or dccm whitelist is may not be
> sufficient, depending on which public DCC server you reach.  127.0.0.1
> tends to be white-listed by DCC servers.  If this is the problem, then
> adding "-gnot-IP" to DCCM_ARGS in /var/dcc/dcc_conf should fix it.

OK, now have the line
DCCM_ARGS=-gnot-IP

in my dcc_conf file, when I start I get this message though:

unrecognized checksum type in "-g not-IP"

(am running V 1.1.19 if it makes a difference), with this is dccm just fails
(presumable because it doesn't recongnise the argument)

> Setting DCCM_LOG_AT=0 in /var/dcc/dcc_conf to log everything ought
> to produce clues about what is happening to mail that is not bulk.

I got rid of -g and changed the LOG_AT, it does indeed that the message is
whitelisted on IP which is shown as localhost. A bit of rechecking showed that
although I had got rid of the whitelist for 'localhost' in whiteclnt I
hadn't for whitecommon. With that changed I'm getting the DCC headers in
the mail.

Cheers for the pointers - any ideas why -g ain't playing?

Rgds

Neil Hollis