Newbie driven up the wall

Fri Jan 31 23:00:33 UTC 2003

> From: Neil Hollis <neil@pharisees.demon.co.uk>

> Unfortuantly I'm on the end of a dial-up - will I have problems id dcc tried
> to do something when I'm not connected (check the servers)?

As long as the network is connected whenever sendmail asks dccm about
a message, it should work fine.

>                                                             Have tried
> connecting to net, starting dccm, sending a test mail (that leaves the linux
> server and comes back in again) without disconnecting from net and still no
> X-DCC header lines. Due to my virus scanner it's always 'localhost' that
> connects to sendmail (don't ask!), so I've removed the white listing of
> IP localhost

White listing localhost would be sufficient turn off the X-dcc header.
However, removing it from the client or dccm whitelist is may not be
sufficient, depending on which public DCC server you reach.  127.0.0.1
tends to be white-listed by DCC servers.  If this is the problem, then
adding "-gnot-IP" to DCCM_ARGS in /var/dcc/dcc_conf should fix it.

Setting DCCM_LOG_AT=0 in /var/dcc/dcc_conf to log everything ought
to produce clues about what is happening to mail that is not bulk.