Fwd: Cron <root@pulp> /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd

Brandon Long blong@fiction.net
Tue Jan 28 16:55:54 UTC 2003

On 01/24/03 Vernon Schryver uttered the following other thing:
> > From: Brandon Long <blong@fiction.net>
>
> > I've been getting the following messages from cron for a while now (I
> > think it started with my last dcc upgrade to 1.1.19)... anyone know
> > what's in cron-dccd that would be complaining?

> > stdin: is not a tty
>
> I don't see anything that wants to use stdin in the script.  That
> sort of error message usually comes from something like `vi` that
> tries to get fancy.  The script has not changed much sinc 1.1.4.
>
> All I can think of to do is to run the script with an arg of "-x"
> or perhaps as `sh -x /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd` (or equivalent)
> in the crontab file.  That will produce a lot of noise, but should give
> a clue about what wants to do something like a tty ioctl on /dev/null.

Thanks, found it.  There was a call to mesg in the .bash_profile of the
user the cron-dccd su'd to before calling dbclean.

Brandon
--
  "Well, my logic is that if a killer asteroid obliterates the earth,
   causing tidal waves and cosmic fires that destroy every