dccd-1.1.21

Sun Jan 26 03:14:56 UTC 2003

> From: John Payne <john@sackheads.org>

> Upgraded both dcc.sackheads.org and haybaler.sackheads.org to 1.1.21.
>
> Since then, haybaler.sackheads.org has been complaining about:
>
> Jan 25 18:20:12 haybaler dccd[28544]: drop request from 207.8.219.201
>
> 41 complaints in the last 4 hours.
>
> Interestingly, .201 is a different interface on .219 - this could be
> related...

The messages indicate rate-limiting of anonymous clients or anonymous
clients trying to get a response from dccd running with -u forever.

Haybaler doesn't answer me, but it never has.  I assume it's running
with a firewall and/or -u forever.
Is there any chance that 207.8.219.201 has forgotten the right DCC
client-ID for talking to haybaler?
Is /var/dcc/ids correct, including permissions?

I'm chasing a bug in the new decoding of MIME multipart boundaries,
and hope to have 1.1.22 ready tonight or tomorrow.