version 1.1.17 of the DCC

Sat Jan 25 21:20:48 UTC 2003

> From: dcc@interlinx.bc.ca

> OK.  I have gotten no response from him so I am making changes to the
> spec without his consultation.

You're always free to make changes to your own copies of open source.

I need to change http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/#resources
to be a list.  It seems like a good place for a URL pointing to your
DCC RPM spec. file as well as the RPM spec. files of others.  Does
that make sense?

> > ] Also, what /var/dcc files are specific to the dccd server?
> >=20
> > Primarily dcc_db, dcc_db.hash, flod, and flod.map
>
> What about /var/run/dcc?  Would that be specific to the dccd only or
> would dccm use it?

dccm likes to put its PID files and UNIX domain socket in a "run"
directory.

>                     I know dccproc doesn't because that is what I use
> here and I don't have it present.  Although my version is quite old --
> hence my reason to get this sucker packaged nicely.  Easy upgrading
> and file auditability.
>
> Brian J. Murrell

I use variations of http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/newdcc
to maintain half a dozen DCC installations.

I don't understand "file auditability" in any useful or effective
sense.