Fwd: Cron <root@pulp> /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd

Fri Jan 24 17:16:17 UTC 2003

> From: Brandon Long <blong@fiction.net>

> I've been getting the following messages from cron for a while now (I
> think it started with my last dcc upgrade to 1.1.19)... anyone know
> what's in cron-dccd that would be complaining?

> stdin: is not a tty

I don't see anything that wants to use stdin in the script.  That
sort of error message usually comes from something like `vi` that
tries to get fancy.  The script has not changed much sinc 1.1.4.

All I can think of to do is to run the script with an arg of "-x"
or perhaps as `sh -x /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd` (or equivalent)
in the crontab file.  That will produce a lot of noise, but should give
a clue about what wants to do something like a tty ioctl on /dev/null.