version 1.1.20 of the DCC

Fri Jan 24 16:15:13 UTC 2003

> From: "Sven" <sven@dmv.com>

> > Version 1.1.20 of the DCC source is in

>     ... As of this morning, I noticed [from the 'top' command] that the dccm
> was using 99% CPU utilization (luckily these are multi-proc machines) and
> error messages were appearing in the log files ranging from:
> milter_read(dcc): cmd read returned 0, expecting 5
> Milter (dcc): error connecting to filter: Connection refused by
> /var/run/dcc/dccm
> Milter (dcc): timeout before data read
> Milter (dcc): to error state

Those messages look like parts of sendmail log messages complaining
about a milter filter not responding.

Unless a dccm thread went into an infinite loop, I would expect this
version to use fewer CPU cycles, because HTML tags are not being shoved
through MD5.

Were there any system log messages from dccm?

Is it possible to find a sample of a message that makes dccm very slow,
perhaps by looking at the sendmail queue IDs that should be part of
those syslog Milter complaints?