version 1.1.20 of the DCC

Sven sven@dmv.com
Fri Jan 24 14:02:53 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vernon Schryver" <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com>
To: <dcc@calcite.rhyolite.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 7:18 PM
Subject: version 1.1.20 of the DCC

> Version 1.1.20 of the DCC source is in
> http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/source/dccd.tar.Z and
> http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dccd.tar.Z

After installing this on our catalogue servers and "client" servers (6 of
them), I noticed problems on the client machines. These "clients" split
about 500,000 emails amongst themselves daily so the workload is fairly
decent. As of this morning, I noticed [from the 'top' command] that the dccm
was using 99% CPU utilization (luckily these are multi-proc machines) and
error messages were appearing in the log files ranging from:
milter_read(dcc): cmd read returned 0, expecting 5
Milter (dcc): error connecting to filter: Connection refused by
/var/run/dcc/dccm
Milter (dcc): timeout before data read
Milter (dcc): to error state

This is happening on all six machines, all running FreeBSD (either 4.6.2 or
4.7) .... Any ideas? For now I will have to reinstall the older version of
DCC to keep things flowing ok ....

No real problems noted yet on the catalogue servers (running Solaris 9)

Sven