version 1.1.17 of the DCC

Thu Jan 9 19:44:11 UTC 2003

> From: "Brian J. Murrell" <bd09b15aff634dc234daf7d9609d1bce@interlinx.bc.ca>

> I am building an RPM SPEC file for this puppy to make future upgrades
> easy.  Since I am taking the time to do it, I may as well do it right
> though.  I will be happy to share the SPEC file here once I am done if
> anyone is interested.
>
> I notice that there are three "levels" of DCC packages, one each
> layering on top of the other (dccproc, dccm and dccd, respectively).
> I want to make RPMs in the same manner. ...

Why make 3 packages?  There are three only because MAPS wanted to keep
some of my code secret from MAPS's customers.  A dccproc package
without dccd and dccm might make a little sense, but the dccm package
is not worthwhile.  It's not as if the extra bits of the complete
package are big enough to care about.

> To support building in an RPM environment, I had to make the following
> patches to the source:

What's wrong with the RPM spec file from Andrew Macpherson in the
misc directory in the source.  For convenience, see
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/misc/rpm.spec

There were changes made to the DCC source to let that spec file work
without local changes.  Is there something wrong with it?