HTML vs. bulk

Sven sven@dmv.com
Fri Jan 3 20:19:11 UTC 2003

> How much non-bulk mail does not contain a plaintext version of the
> HTML portion?

Most "common" (defined as used by our endusers as we are an ISP) email
clients seem to add a plaintext version. Webmail clients (such as hotmail
and, as pointed out in an earlier response, yahoo) do not. I tested this
with a hotmail account composing a letter in RTF/HTML and found the message
type set to text/html with no alternative in the message.

I would say that probably some 90% of our users read and compose email in
HTML format ....

Sven