Newbie bewilderment IV the saga continues

:) lists@xymox1.com
Thu Jan 2 02:01:19 UTC 2003

>It also practically proves that the problem is some sort of packet filter or firewall that attacks either (or both) UDP packets to or from distant port 6277. <<

Interesting... Frustrating !...

I guess I will ask my hosting company about it. However they are idiots and this will cause complete brain boilover from them. My odds of fixing this are slim to none. Man this sure is very specific filtering !

The very last line from the cdcc info command shows:
localhost,-                RTT-1000 ms  32768 1112443001x689
#   127.0.0.1,-            localhost
#      not answering

Is just because its looking for a local host at id 32768 and needs to be told about my dccd at ID 32112 right ?

- --- HUGE sigh......

The odds of my getting this UDP thing working are slim. It might be that for whatever reason the hosting company has pulled the ping and traceroute commands from my server could well be the same reasons they have blocked UDP in the selective directions they seem to have blocked it.

Well at least I wasn't quite as stupid as I thought.

Man this sucks :(

I will send a support request to my server hosting company ( www.interland.com ) now and ask them to confirm "They broke it".. Considering the power of dcc you would think that the largest server hosting farm company would allow it, But NooOoOOoOooOo....

I greatly appreciate the help !. If anyone has a spamtrap you want me to feed email me the address :)