(no subject)

Mon Dec 30 15:52:59 UTC 2002

> From: Brian T Glenn <glenn@delink.net>
> To: dcc@rhyolite.com

> I am getting the following messages in my syslog from the dccd. I remember
> something being mentioned about this particular problem, but I can't
> recall what it was that is going on.
>
> Dec 30 10:01:31 ziege dccd[10333]: oflod complaint from dcc2.umr.edu
> 131.151.1.89,6277: refuse flooded unknown server-ID in 12/30/02
> 09:00:03.123728 ID=1101

> Is this dcc2.umr.edu missing entries in its ids file?

Yes, because dcc2.umr.edu does not have current set of placeholders
in its /var/dcc/ids file and has not installed the current version
of the DCC that normally ignores unknown server-IDs, it has rejected
7,000,000 reports of bulk mail from newer servers.  Adding the
placeholders from homedir/ids in the current source or installing
the current version of dccd would fix the problem.