Whitelist question/issue

Mon Dec 23 15:55:32 UTC 2002

> From: "Sven" <sven@dmv.com>

> I have a question regarding how to whitelist (or if it can even be done)
> certain email. The sender in question would be ebay. The problem arises in
> that the From: line and the env_from both contain dynamic data, for example
> : <eBay.22416625.55687.0@reply.ebay.com>. ...

Are you using dccm, dccproc, or dccifd?  If you are using dccm or dccifd,
would the "mail_host" value for the messages be suitable?  It can be seen
in the DCC log files for the messages.

If you are using dccproc, then is any other program such as procmail or
SpamAssassin involved?  If so, could you give it a regular expression
white-list the target mail?

Speaking of dccifd, has anyone looked at it?  Is the ASCII interface to
dccifd too slow or clumsy?  Could it be improved?  What about the interfaces
to the sample C and Perl interfaces to dccifd?  If there are to be changes
to them, they'll have to be soon.