log file name into the reject message & dccm small patch

Fri Dec 20 19:06:45 UTC 2002

> From: Tim Wicinski <tim@meer.net>

> Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't DCC have this feature awhile back?
> I seem to remember in one of my updates, perhaps from 1.0.53 -> 1.1.x
> this vanished from the mail syslog files. ...

I also think dccm had this feature.  I don't see a way to restore it,
because the log file is not necessarily renamed before it is the
potential rejectino message is generated.

> When you mention 'DCC log file' above, do you mean the
> /var/dcc/log/<message> file?  Since our /var/dcc/log/ directory is 10Gb
> for the last 30 days, I'd rather use something simpler to parse.

I was thinking of a line in each dccm log file perhaps after
the occassional "sendmail.cf-->{dcc_isspam}..." lines.

A 10 GByte /var/dcc/log/ directory argues for having the I-number
in the syslog message so that the right file can be found with
`find /var/dcc/log -inum`.

A 10 GBYte /var/dcc/log directory also suggests a need for `dccm -lD?..`
or even `dccm -lM?`.