Compiling on Windows, and a question of policy

Peter Beckman beckman@purplecow.com
Mon Dec 2 16:35:53 UTC 2002

So approximately 700MB of data per day, based on a 7K per message including
headers.  That comes out to approximately 8.10KBps or 64.8Kbps in
bandwidth, or about a modem's worth of bandwidth per day on average.  I'd
say that given the ebb and flow of data, expect 4 times that average at
peak, or topping out at ~259Kbps during peak times, much less on other
days.  That's about 17% of a T1 being used a peak times.  I'm basing the 7K
per message on the size of my spam mailbox of 10,051 messages divided by
the ~68MB in size of that mailbox.

Peter