Missing fuz2 checksum?

Paul Wright paul.wright@pobox.com
Thu Nov 28 13:00:38 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Peter Beckman wrote:

> I've noticed that on a few pieces of mail the fuz2 checksum and count is
> missing.  Does this happen when the fuz2 checksum equals the fuz1 checksum?
> Is it a bug?  Should I store the fuz1 checksum as the fuz2 checksum when
> this occurs?

Replying before the Americans are awake:

In order, no, no and no.

Some checksums do not appear on some messages. We Do Not Discuss These
Things, for fairly obvious reasons. Read the code if you want to know
more.

You could regard the absence of a checksum as it being zero for
filtering purposes, since it will then never trip the threshold (this is
what I do in my Exim filter file).

--
Paul Wright | http://pobox.com/~pw201 |