Whitelisting a message body?

Mon Nov 25 06:38:20 UTC 2002

> From: "John R Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>

> Is there any way I can tell DCC that these messages are OK?  The From
> addresses are all different, since they're sent by lots of different
> people. I don't want to whitelist the To addresses since they also get a
> great deal of spam.  Any suggestions?

If the messages are constant, such as "test" encrypted with HTML, then a
line like the following in a white-list file should do the trick:

    ok	hex Fuz2  c15e1466 2bdcd91b 0c220435 5ed6950d

See "White and Blacklists" in the dcc man page, such as
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc.html#White-and-Blacklists

The checksums for a message can be found in DCC client log files
or computed on demand by feeding the entire message to `dccproc -QC`