DCC server-IDS >1099

Wed Nov 20 15:24:58 UTC 2002

> From: Peter Beckman <beckman@purplecow.com>

> I assume each server has set their "many" threshold to different levels.
> Is there a default number for "many" on the public servers?  Are all public
> servers supposed to be running at the same level?  Is there any way to
> remotely find out from the DCC server what the "many" threshold is for that
> server?

"Many" is simply the largest value that fits in the 24 bits less a
bunch of special values.  It is a constant defined in the DCC
server-to-server and server-client protocols.

DCC servers have no thresholds except on what they consider bulky enough
to be worth flooding to peers.  See -t in the dccd man page.
The `dccd -t` thresholds are not advertised.

DCC clients have no thresholds except on what they consider bulky enough
to be mail that should be rejected if not whitelisted.