question about the checksum mechanism of dcc

Tony L. Svanstrom tony@svanstrom.com
Sun Nov 17 17:36:18 UTC 2002

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 the voices made Vernon Schryver write:

> > From: Alexander Gruber <alex@pixelzone.org>

> > i would like to install a kind of spam-trap in our company. the idea behind
> > that is: there is an email-account an every mail that goes to that account
> > ist automatically reported as spam to dcc. the question i have, is it a
> > problem for dcc that the reported sender is not the original sender of the
> > spam mail?

 Alexander Gruber also wrote:

]=> the program that does the reporting is spamassassin.

> No, there would be no problem with that

 Vernon, if people want to use Spam Assassin to filter their mail shouldn't
they then install SA, instead of being forced to use it because people are
autoreporting using DCC?

 Or is this yet another one of those things where I'm way wrong compared with
how most people want DCC to work? =)

	/Tony
--
# Per scientiam ad libertatem! // Through knowledge towards freedom! #
# Genom kunskap mot frihet! =*= (c) 1999-2002 tony@svanstrom.com =*= #

     perl -e'print$_{$_} for sort%_=`lynx -dump svanstrom.com/t`'