question about the checksum mechanism of dcc

Sun Nov 17 17:12:38 UTC 2002

> From: Alexander Gruber <alex@pixelzone.org>

> i would like to install a kind of spam-trap in our company. the idea
> behind that is: there is an email-account an every mail that goes to
> that account ist
> automatically reported as spam to dcc. the question i have, is it a
> problem for dcc that the reported sender is not the original sender of
> the spam mail?

No, there would be no problem with that unless you run servers with
non-default parameters.  The DCC concentrates on the bodies of mail
messages and uses the envelope and header From values only for white-
or blacklisting.

See http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/FAQ.html#spam-trap1