How to solve this?

Peter Beckman beckman@purplecow.com
Tue Nov 12 17:09:15 UTC 2002

When spammers use the same To: address as the From: address, it is for that
e-mail only.  Yes, your From: email hash will go into the database, but it
will be counted once, and therefore not rejected.  Most spammers either use
a fake From: address, the same as the recipient, or a random From: address
to prevent blocking of their spam.  I don't think there has been a case
where a spammer uses one real recipient's email address as the From: for
all the spam that they are sending.

However, what I don't know is what happens when I do "dccproc -t many" on a
message that may contain the same From: and To: address -- does the server
return "many" for emails FROM me if I accidentally run dccproc that way
manually?

Peter