How to properly whitelist Yahoo Groups

Fri Nov 8 19:12:06 UTC 2002

> From: Tim Wicinski <tim@meer.net>

> We're getting some of the yahoo groups mail being rejected by DCC.  Not
> all of it, but enough to be noticable.
>
> I've tried to the local whitelist as so:
>
> # yahoo
> ok      env_From returns.groups.yahoo.com
> ok      ip      66.218.66.0/24
> ok      substitute      mail_host returns.groups.yahoo.com

I doubt "env_From returns.groups.yahoo.com" would work, because it
lacks a username.

"ip 66.218.66.0/24" will white-list all mail from SMTP clients in that
block of IP addresses, unless your white-list is already too large.
If it doesn't work then perhaps the mail is being relayed through
an MX secondary.

"substitute mail_host returns.groups.yahoo.com" will white-list all mail
with envelope Mail_From values of the form mail@returns.groups.yahoo.com
provided you are running dccm with "-Smail_host"