dccm default to reject when servers can't be contacted?

Chris Gleba chris@soma.978.org
Fri Nov 1 04:40:01 UTC 2002

Hello all,

I am new to dcc and first I have to congratulate and thank
you for such a wonderful and powerful service as well as
client.

I have a relatively simple question that I could not find in
the FAQ, man pages, nor Google'ing the archives:

I am using dccm [with sendmail -- just the client -- VERY small site]
and it seems that if dccm can not contact any of the dcc servers
that it defaults to "REJECT".  This had some very nasty repercussions
when I had some DNS issues earlier today. . . .

Is there any CLI option, #define or sendmail macro where I can easily
tell dccm to default to "ACCEPT" when it can not contact the dcc
servers?

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

-- Chris