DBCLEAN_LOGDAYS functionality

Wed Oct 30 14:36:18 UTC 2002

> From: "Sven" <sven@dmv.com>

> Other than the comment in the dcc_conf file about this (dbclean_logdays)
> variable being used to determine how long to keep files in the dccm log
> directory, I haven't found how to make use of this flag. I am logging to the
> default (via dcc_conf) "log" directory which is, as documented, getting
> filled with mail fragments/check results, etc. Trying to run dbclean -S
> simply rehashes an essentially unused database (as this is all occuring on
> client/dccm machines not running dccd).
>
> How do I make use of this variable to prevent overruning my log directory
> with messages and/or manually pruning the entries. This is a short-lived
> problem as I am logging to detect valid mailing lists, etc that may need to
> be whitelisted.

DBCLEAN_LOGDAYS in the dcc_conf file is used only by the cron-dccd script
with `find`.  Probably the easiest way to use it is to run the cron-dccd
script from the shell.

I just now realized that the installation instructions as well as
the script itself ought to mention pruning the dccm or dccproc logs
with cron-dccd.